Monday, May 30, 2011

so you wanna be a dj?


Yes.. i went for the audition at orchard central despite my croaky voice. was thinking if i shd go for 93.3 or 98.7 and decided to go for 98.7 despite higher competition. well its also because of fluency that i decided on english. i feel better and smoother to converse in english without much brain processing.

wow let me tell you i arrived at 3pm. the queue was ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ  LONG!

i queued with my friend and her mum, ziping. she went for 93.3 instead. she has good vocals for chinese station.
we waiting from 3.30 to 7.30pm.. (freaking long queue) and it was my turn. woohoo. you know i was nervous and excited.

whilst waiting, i was composing my 30 secs introduction. i heard from rozz on 98.7 rude awakening that they were looking for personality, humour and something interesting about the individual.. and it cannot be like: im crazy! i love shopping! cos that isnt smth uniquely you, everyone does that. you see... so i came up with this brief introduction.

With my toad voice of course: 

"Hellooo, im serene and the reason why i wanna be a dj is because i enjoy talking, i talk non stop. so i believe that being a radio dj is the best job and coolest job for me. And one thing interesting about me is that i like to recite commercial lines and one that goes like this: if you find a cheaper price at a comparable fare and time, call us and we'll beat it by 10%! yep.. so if i were to become a radio dj, i would like to pass on my cheerfulness and brighten up people's day!"

(i shd have said: my friends say that im anything but serene, this would give them an idea about the crazy me)

so rozz said: " thats nice :)"
and shan said: "oh so do you have any all time favourite commercial you like to read?"
i replied: "yes i do, the jetstar 10% commercial is my favourite".

and after this segment, i was to read a paragraph, i suppose entertainment news on justin bieber endorsing drivesafe phone application. and i was done with the auditions.

everything went rather smooth, no hiccups. just that it would have been perfect if my voice was normal.

i dont know when results would be out.. just hope and wait. nope pinning too much hope, because of my sore throat. but i hope they see that im at disadvantage and let me go through. cos i performed quite well.
keeping fingers crossed! :)

radio auditions were fun!
i think all auditions are.

it made me think if i wanted to go into radio. its such a enjoyable job, interacting with people and doing my fav- talking.

maybe i should take up a major in business and minor in mass comm! haha!

oh and did i say i like shan and rozz? haha they're so cute, straightforward. and i like rozz's monkey sid! so cutee!


and she brought this monkey to the auditions. so cute lah! 




No comments: